Sunday, August 31, 2014

Totems and such

This is the best one ...

It reminds me a bit of the totem poles that Native Americans make in the Pacific Northwest; the Tlingit, the Chinook, the Nuu-Chah-Nulth plus dozens of other tribes.

I like to lump them together and call them Redskins because I'm told by the National Football League that that is an honorary term acknowledging the people's bravery, integrity and some other positive stuff.  Here's a Seahawks helmet ...

I also like it because it reminds me the least of cheap Miro/Picasso knock-offs.

In some ways this version is an improvement, but I've decided that I'm not crazy about that horizontal top line ...

I look at the simplicity of the one at the top and I think I like it better.  I do, however, like the way New and Brooklyn have been improved in this version.  I also like the placement of the translation, although the blue Brooklyn looks stupid and perhaps that whole business needs to be rethought.

Onward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home