Thursday, July 24, 2014

17 Years Ago Today

Seventeen years ago, at nine in the morning, on this very day, Johnny Versace was gunned down in front of his South Beach mansion.  What a sad waste.

His name wasn't Johnny.
Yes it was.
No it wasn't.  It was Gianni.  He was Italian.
No way.
Look at the ad, man.
Hmmm.  Perhaps so.

Anyway, at some point in the 90s Versace produced a series of dresses made out of leather straps and belts.  I remember doing a cartoon about them in which the copy had something to do with something.

I wish I could be more specific.  Perhaps a pretty girl saying something about needing a few belts before something happened?  The joke having something to do with the idea of the belt dresses and the use of the word belt to mean cocktail.

I wish I could be more specific, but it made me laugh at the time.

Anyway, attention should be paid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home