Saturday, April 05, 2014

I'd like to thank you on behalf of the group. I hope we passed the audition. Volume 2

Funny how things pop into your life for a moment and are then gone.

If you scroll down a little bit you'll find the first "I'd like to thank you..." post.  Which is nothing but a video.  Which was working when I posted it but which is now not.  It's been taken down by some third party with a beef.  Perhaps Apple.

Not the computer people, you knucklehead.  The record label.  Because the video was a 29 minute version of the Beatles' farewell rooftop concert of 1969.

At the end of it, as the rest of the band is taking off the guitars, putting down the drumsticks, etc., John Lennon steps up to the mike and says "I'd like to thank you on behalf of the group.  I hope we passed the audition."  Which, given that this was the last time the Beatles ever performed live, was a very John Lennon sort of a thing to say.

The rest, as they say, is history.  Some of it very sad.

I hope you got a chance to watch it, because if you didn't it's too late now.  If you were a Beatles fan it's a bittersweet bit of film.

Happiness, friends, is a warm gun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home