Friday, September 17, 2010

Tornado in B'town

Had a tornado last night. Does it make me a bad person to say that I prayed the electricity wouldn't go off and I'd miss the Mets game?
Not bad, really. But deeply shallow.
Deeply shallow?
Yes.
Wow. That's me in a nutshell.
I was thinking about going with profoundly vapid, but it seemed mean-spirited.
Thank you. But I'll take deeply shallow.
Then it's yours.
Anyway, here's a video of the tornado. I can't quite pick out the landmarks, but I can tell you that, in the larger scheme of things, this is EXACTLY where I live.



Wow.

And this morning? Walking the dog? I was reminded of the tropics--the mother of all storms passes through and the next day, amid the carnage, the weather is almost surreally beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home