Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Baiting my hook for Leviathan

Something new today. Don't usually find myself on the Upper East Side anyway, and certainly not with a painting. Nonetheless, Sotheby's calls, and I (using the present tense) pick up the phone.

All of which is to say that I'm gonna take The Liquidated Fuld and stand in front of the Sotheby's office this afternoon hoping, all the while, that somebody with a higher net worth than I decides to: a) write something on my painting, b) buy my painting, or c) all of the above.

On a sleepy September Wednesday this strikes me as unlikely. But Saturday morning, God willin' and the levee don't rise, I'll be standing in the same place, watching streams of swells enter and exit Sotheby's, all in the process of attending the Lehman Bros. auction.

And it will be then, dear friend, that I will have baited my hook for Leviathan.

Quick final note: the selection is, to my mind, not that fabulous. But go to the auction site and check out Lot 16. It's a work by Glenn Ligon, a man who is clearly drinking the same Kool-Aid as me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This Ligon fellow was born in an aupicious year. - KCS

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home