Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Update on Fox's "Happy Hour"

Hmmm. Apparently "Happy Hour" doesn't exist anymore. Canceled, I guess.

Makes perfect sense--the thing was a disaster. One segment that sticks in my head had the aforementioned Ms. Gomez modeling tight dresses for a fashion segment. And let me tell you, dear reader, she could fill out the dresses. But what, I would have liked to ask her, did she think that was going to do for her career as a business journalist?

More on that later. What "Happy Hour" DID have going for it was that it was broadcast live from a bar in the back of the Waldorf Astoria called The Bull & Bear, maybe. Furthermore, I actually went to a show. That part of it was fabulous. I've always been fascinated by television production and it was more good clean fun than you could imagine to sit at a fancy bar, drink inappropriately expensive beer and watch a television show happen.

None of which excuses the excrescence of a product. If that's a word.
It is a word.
Really?
Yes. It means either: 1) A distinct outgrowth on a human or animal body or on a plant, esp. one that is the result of disease or abnormality, or 2) An unattractive or superfluous addition or feature.
Hunh. I thought it had something to do with shit.
Not surprising. I mean the fact that it shares its root with excrement speaks volumes for your theory.
Thanks.
Even though it's wrong.
Hey. At least the fact that it shared its root with excrement spoke volumes for my theory.
A victory of a sort, I suppose.
I suppose.

1 Comments:

Blogger david1082 said...

I remember seeing that once some years ago. Some guy with long hair was tying said hair up with a rubber band. I never watched it again for some reason.

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home