Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tips for painting

I know most of you people don't paint for a living, so I thought it might be fun to give you some insight into what it's like to do so.

Tip #1: If you have this much paint on your foot, it's not going well.



More tips to come as needed, but I thought this was important.

On to other things--do you remember my idea about a series called "The Chickens of Helmut Lang"? It kind of fell to the wayside once I was confronted with the difficulties of finding Mr. Lang and his chickens. He's on Long Island somewhere, but hard to pin down. I asked among my fashion industry friends and got no place.

Quick statistic: The UK consumes 10 billion eggs a year whereas the USA only sucks down 67 billion. Odd, yes? But let's forget the Brits and concentrate on matters closer to home. For the record, as near as I can tell, a chicken lays one egg a day. No more; no less.

Which means, assuming the vast majority of the eggs Americans eat are domestically produced, that there are X (67,000,000,000 divided by 365 equals X) chickens in the US. That's a lot of chickens.

By the way, I'm working on a commissioned painting but I'm not allowed to show you. So we're talking about paint on feet and chickens.

1 Comments:

Blogger david1082 said...

The US population is about 5 times the UK's, while the egg stats say that Americans eat 6.7 times the number of eggs as Limeys, so in fact Americans eat more eggs per person than Brits?

Average Briton: 166 eggs a year
Average American: 223 eggs a year

Ah, that legendary Brit austerity. We're still on rationing from WWII.

'let's forget the Brits'

Indeed. The British empire is just about kaput. That Gandhi chap wasn't a chicken.

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home