Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ouch

To be great, I suppose, is to be misunderstood. Thus it is with great pride that I offer comment #55 on Dealbreaker's coverage of my portrait of Jim Cramer:
My kid can fingerpaint a better painting of Jim Cramer than Geoffrey Raymond’s cheesedick image. $40,000 for this piece of crap? This garbage passes for art – how truly pathetic the pseudointelligentsia have become.
Ouch. Cheesedick?--that one hurts.

My response, although it is generally a good idea not to respond in such situations, is:
You, my friend, are the cheesedick.
I might go on to add something touching on the prematurity of the judgment, given that the author, some guy named McGuesterson (which I'm thinking is not his real name) is commenting on the unannotated painting. Hell, all my paintings look like shit before people start writing on them.

That's part of the fun.

Hey, he should have seen it when it looked like this:



He's right, though, about the pseudointelligentsia. Thank God that's got nothing to do with me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you have the guts to read what random strangers say. Interwebz peepal are not the nicest folk. Anonymous cowards, as it were.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home