Thursday, May 13, 2010

This is a hell of a painting, isn't it?



Somebody in Washington owns it. I'm not allowed to tell you who.

I wish I still owned it since, if you can believe the New York Post, a similar portrait of Richard Fuld is selling, or has sold, for several hundred grand. The Annotated Fed has $175,000 written all over it, doesn't it?

Anyway, I just got a note from the Mothership asking me if it was okay to use the image, with a couple of variations (close ups, no comments, etc.) in a web piece they are working on. I, of course, said yes.

I don't know if the article is about me, per se (although I don't know why it wouldn't be). Probably being used to illustrate something about Bernanke. I'll attach the link when I have it.

1 Comments:

Blogger david1082 said...

If/when hyperinflation occurs, how about a trillion? If the Piigs can be worth that, why not Big Ben.

I think that my favourite is Big Lloyd II. It really captures the cheeky colourful jester nature of LB.

In contrast, Jamie Dimon is perhaps more of a grey man, who keeps in the shadows, away from the limelight. A possible JD painting could perhaps be done in black/white/grey. In any case, Jamie's hair is almost all silvery-grey, while Lloyd's (what's left of it) is still the original colour it seems.

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home