Sunday, April 04, 2010

The Annotated Geithner

With weather predicted to be in the mid 70s all next week, I think I'll take Red Geithner out and get it annotated.



Push comes to shove, they are worth more annotated. And this is an interesting time for Geithner (obviously), so why not?

As you may remember, I had originally decided to leave him blank. Which, at the point at which I sold him for 22K, seemed like a good idea. Later, when the purchaser backed out (bad enough) and then demanded his deposit back (which, let me tell you, dear reader, is considered OK behavior in the art world but which put a crimp in my finances that I'm still trying to straighten out), it seemed like not that fabulous an idea.

I think it was Carrie Bradshaw who said, about breaking up, "Sometimes the heart doesn’t mourn the relationship you had so much as the life you thought you would have together in the future. You know?"

It's the same way about selling a painting and then having the buyer return it. It wasn't so much the 5K deposit I was in love with, but rather the full twenty-two bones.

Anyway, it will give me a chance to see what the front of Goldman Sachs looks like, as this is certainly one of my Geithner stops. If I'm not mistaken, it's right across the street from Merrill Lynch. And that place is a ghost town. So, while not sanguine, I'm cheerfully optimistic.
Nice distinction, Woody Allen might say.
Yes he would.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home