Monday, March 29, 2010

I Was Having a Pretty Good Day til...

Ahhh, sweet mystery of life, at last I've found you.

I'm celebrating the first day of Passover (me, a Jew only by the osmotic transmogrification typically experienced by the New York long-term Goyim--not so dissimilar than that whole water into wine business), painting a 30"x60" version of a screencap taken from "Fight Club" to be titled (and not just figuratively titled, but by means of scrawling the words across the face of the canvas) something along the lines of "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero."

Don't ask.

Anyway, there I am, painting away. Whilst drying, I walk over to the TV to watch the Goody's Fast Pain Relief 500 race from Martinsville, Virginia. Which is one of those races that makes you remember why stock car racing is so cool, despite the stupid name. Plus--ahhh bliss--this is the first time since the introduction of the Car of Tomorrow--possibly the ugliest race car in the history of the world--that the cars are wearing the more traditional spoilers as opposed to the visually catastrophic rear wings.

So I was having a pretty good day until I received this text from Daughter A:
Car ran over my foot. They are calling an ambulance.
Oy gevalt! A passing over of an entirely different sort, if you will.

Anyway, I'm waiting to hear what e-room they are taking her to. In the meantime, I'm walking the dog and getting ready to be the nurturing father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home