Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Annotated Paintings, in order

I thought it would be fun to see all of the damned things. So here, beginning with "The Annotated Murdoch", in rough chronological order, are the twelve (I think) annotated paintings I've done to date:



























Wow. Busy year. Turned out there were 13. Lord have mercy.

If you drop Murdoch and Spitzer, I've painted 11 of these things in basically six months (the last three are dated November, but they were all done by the 2nd, so it doesn't count). This, my friend, is a lot of painting. I swear. I think the strain was showing in the last three.

The solution? I haven't painted a damned thing for about a week. And might not paint anything for another week. Ahhhhh.

The gears, however, I can assure you, are turning, headwise. The juices are flowing. I'm getting fired up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the objective of painting a portrait is to reveal the person inside, kudos!

Once that is acheived, then style rules. Your painting inspire and speak clearly.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home