Friday, September 12, 2008

Brief Sports Note



I'd like to state, for the record, that Carlos Delgado has been my favorite Met since well before he embarked on his recent, flabbergasting spate of hitting. I like to call him Charlie the Cat. Hell, maybe I should paint him.

Bad idea. I've got to keep my eye on the ball.

That said, as we speak, I'm painting Lehman Brothers macher Richard Fuld, with an eye for exhibiting him outside LB HQ next week. That's him you see above. The assumption here is that he's whispering something along the lines of "Hey buddy, I've got an asset management division I can sell you on the cheap." Something like that.

And with AIG in a continued uproar, I think it might actually be time to paint my old buddy (we once shook hands; briefly conversed) Hank Greenberg.

The point being that one has to make hay while the sun shines since it gets cold on Wall Street in October, and it doesn't get warm until April.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home