Tuesday, June 24, 2008

If you see her, say hello

These days I find that I'm misting up at the least appropriate moments.  What's that line?
Either I'm too sensitive or else I'm gettin' soft.
Which, by the way, I always thought ended with the word "old" not "soft."  

In any case, I was reading a story about Rocco Mediate this morning and I couldn't help but get a lump in my throat.   Felt a bit loose in the eyeballs, if you get my drift.  Likewise, when Tom Brokaw broke up while giving Tim Russert the cheese on last week's Meet The Press, I thought I was coughing up hairballs.  Likewise, when I'm riding my bike at a certain velocity in cold weather I find that I tear up way more than I used to.  Which can be dangerous--both eyes going way-blurry and you realize you are nowhere near the bottom of the hill (the proceeding down of which being the cause of the increased rate of travel) and you realize you can't see a goddam thing.

Although that's more of a physical ailment than an emotional one, I suppose you can't have it both ways.  Either I'm too sensitive or else I'm getting old.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home