Tuesday, January 01, 2008

It's 10:52 and I'm playing Thunder Road

The screen door slams
Mary, dressed, waits...
You know the rest. It seems like a good way to start a new year.

Anyway, it's almost eleven on New Year's Day. The plan is to take a shower, then take the F Train to the Peter McManus Cafe for purposes of eating lunch and watching the Virginia Cavaliers eat the Texas Tech Roughriders, or whomever comes from Texas Tech.
I've got this guitar and I've learned how to make it talk.
Actually what I have is a Christmas present from my Goddaughter Katie--a bottle opener that plays the Virginia fight song. I will also be sporting a bright orange Virginia hooded sweatshirt, a gift from my daughters.

Life is good. I'm trying to decide whether I should shave or not. I'm thinking that perhaps a fiercer demeanor for the game might be best.

This, by the way, is a town for losers. Me? I'm blowin' out of here to win.



And Maria's coming with me. I love girls with big heads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home