Monday, May 14, 2007

I know you people worry...

I know you people worry about these paintings, probably more than me. So I'm throwing you a bone.

Here's the freshly unwrapped Lee:



Granted, there are problems.

But here is the now-revised Lee.



See how easily some things just fall into place. Adding the beard on the left side has done wonders. I think a little definition between the edge of his jaw and the top of his collar, plus figuring out some issues related to his jacket and the location of his third star, plus a bit of work on the cravat and all will be well, except for one thing.

That, of course, would be the size differential between eyes. And there's a part of me that says let sleeping dogs lie.

I would further direct you to a cropped version of Spikus Aurelius:



One could argue that one of the defining aspects of the painting is the difference between his two eyes. Plus, perhaps the blue hair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home