Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Humiliation Never Really Stops

I take the bit about courage back. I think it shows a good deal of courage to consistently show myself, and my work, in ways the general public might not otherwise likely see.

To wit:



I call it Self Portrait With Stomach, although one might also suggest something like: C'mon in...the water's fine.

This is why I'm not necessarily looking forward to the 5-Boro Bike Tour this weekend. Hanging around Leesburg, with its cheap onion dip, has taken its toll on my physique.

Just to recap, here is where we stand:



The next generation of what had been this:



Which, as you already know, was this:



Which sprang, like a lightning bolt from the forehead of Zeus, from this:



I'm reminded of Jefferson.

On the topic of Humiliation of the Self, Wikipedia notes: Humiliation need not involve another person; it can be a recognition of one's own standing, and can be a way of casting away false pride. So it's a good thing, right?

Shakespeare, of course, suggests that there's nothing good or bad, but thinking makes it so.

Me? I've decided to stop thinking right now. Makes things too complicated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home