Friday, May 04, 2007

Actually, I'm not done

I'm probably not really done. I'd like to add some brown to the eyes. But for now, I've chucked the damned thing on a wall and it looks like this:



Can you see the pushpins? I wish I could have gotten the perspective right with the camera--things appear a little off. I was standing too far to the right, or to the left. Anyway, when all is said and done, it measures 30" tall and 44" wide--about half the size of the painting I'm going to do of General Lee.

Another way to put it might be: Were I to paint Beets Q3 and Beets Q4, they would, when added to Qs 1 and 2, end up about the same size as my typical current 4'x5' canvases (Blue Stephanie, Big Dick I, etc.). Slightly narrower (44" vs. 48").

And despite all this talk of General Lee, check this out, Dog:



It's the regalia I can't get enough of. I mean, if you're going to paint a portrait, paint a fucking portrait. Check out the plume on this guy's hat! I mean, the man was stylin! We're talking the Walt Frasier of his day.

Quick quiz: Can you name this Civil War general? Answer below.

J. E. B. Stuart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home