Tuesday, November 14, 2006

As a Public Service...

As a public service I have cut and pasted the Eater.com story below. It reads:

Who Is: The Mad Portrait Artist of 7th Ave.?

Friday, November 10, 2006

2006_11_painting.jpgBecause it's Friday afternoon, let's dig deep in the inbox...

Dear Eater--

I'm a portrait painter. My specialty happens to be painting waitresses, hostesses and bartenders who work on 7th Avenue between 19th and 20th streets. I've painted six so far, with a seventh underway.

I'd like to extend things a bit--maybe get over to 8th Ave or down to the Meatpacking district--so I'm holding a portrait sale. Anyone who works at (or owns) a restaurant in Manhattan gets his or her portrait painted for $2,500 (plus several rounds for me and a guest at their establishment).

Intrigued? Of course you are. More ahead.
My portraits are typically four feet by five (this is the "sale" size) or five feet by six. My style is like Jackson Pollock painting like Chuck Close--big heads; paint thrown onto the canvas with a stick.

I've attached an example. Look how lovely she is! I love that faraway look in her eyes.

You can see more of my work on my blog. My mission is to become the leading American portraitist of the 21st century, and a blog seemed like a good way to chronicle the trip. If you scrounge around, you can also read a little bit about my two visits to L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon.

Perhaps your readers would be interested.

If so, email me here [graymond@mammothgroup.com] or call 917 693 9936.

Best regards,

Geoff Raymond

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home